Monday, January 17, 2011

adventures in cooking: vietnamese rice noodle soup with beef

My first foray into my new cooking experiment was relatively successful. I adore Asian food of other sort, but cannot prepare it to save my life. Why would I start with something so ambitious? I'm asking myself the same question.

My biggest challenge is learning to cook just one or two servings (leftovers = lunch the next day). I have a tendency to overdo it which results in eating the same meal for a week straight.

It is currently impossible to find bean sprouts in Indiana so I substituted in mushrooms just like the author. It was overall pretty delicious but time-consuming. Furthermore, my leftovers didn't hold up very well which I can usually count on with soups. I think I will think twice before I make this one again but I'd be open to other variations.

Original recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment