Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the uniform project

I am often speechless at the creativity and commitment of others. My sister sent this project my way today and it left me wishing that I had the follow through to do something this spectacular.

Sheena Matheiken has pledged to wear a "uniform" of the same dress for an entire year as a year-long fundraiser for the Akanksha Foundation, reinventing it with only accessories, or handmade or vintage goods. The black dress is adorable on its own but Matheiken enlists the help of designers and individuals to donate their goods or their overlooked accessories to her project, to help her redesign her look each day.

As of today, day 103, she has raised over $8,000 dollars for the Akanksha Foundation.

Click here to see all 103 outfits.
images via the uniform project

No comments:

Post a Comment