Monday, January 18, 2010

the regal twelve

This gem has been sitting in my inbox for weeks and I can't believe it's taken me this long to share it. Photographer Alexia Sinclair created this beautiful series featuring "histories most fascinating women" using a combination of photographic and illustrative elements. Included with each photograph is a brief history of the woman and a little background to educate you about the corresponding beauty. The whole series is well worth an extended gander.




Elizabeth I - The Virgin Queen, Elizabeth Báthory - Countess of Blood, Marie Antionette - The Extravagant Queen

3 comments:

  1. the second one scares me it looks like a scene from a vampire movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one, to me, is so compelling! The intensity of her eyes...or something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second image, Elizabeth Báthory, is thought to be the first serial killer in history. It is said she killed and then bathed in the blood of her victims because she believed the blood kept her young. She is very vampire-esque!

    ReplyDelete