Monday, November 28, 2011

favorite books of 2011

I was inspired by Mint's book gift guide to compile some of my favorite reads from the last year but was shocked by the lack of (finished) books I had to choose from. School has really put a cramp in my reading time. I managed to come up with six (impressive, because I was only trying to hit 5!) books that I liked, although I think I cheated as one might be from the end of 2010. Four Three of the finalists can be attributed to my book club, those ladies have good taste, and the last two three were recommended by my sisters. If you need a good book to cuddle up on a cold night I would highly recommend any of the following:
The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
A Mountain of Crumbs by Elena Gorokhova
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

2 comments:

  1. I just want to point out to both you and Hanna that a loooooong time ago, before your book club and before Shirley told Hanna to read it, I recommended you both sould read Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right, if only we had listened sooner! I revised my post for you :)

    ReplyDelete